Should WOMEN be ministry leaders (or "pastors")?
Today, Ann Dunagan answers a question for our Mission-Minded Women group:
"Should women be in ministry leadership in the church? Should women be called 'pastors' -- or what about women being pastors over other women?"
4 Keys to Consider:
Key #1 -- Let's look at the Need
Key #2 -- Let's look at God's Word
Key #3 -- Let's look to the Cross
Key #4 -- Let's look to Eternity
There are so many people. Who will go?
7.7 Billion people in the world.
49.9% are women. 30% are under 18.
That totals over 5 BILLION women and children in the world.
There are so many needs -- orphans, poverty, women in crisis, children in need, all of us can have a part in helping to proclaim the Good News of JESUS!!!
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Philippians 4:2-5 -- Paul refers to several women who had "labored with him" in the Gospel.
- Acts 16 -- Paul meets with women, including Lydia, who had been gathering by the river, praying together in Philippi. From these women a church was planted in their city.
- Judges 4 -- Example of Deborah (who went to battle), and Jael (who stayed home in her tent and killed the enemy, King Jabin's leader, Sisera, with a tent peg). We're all called to be a part of the battle against the enemy.
- Acts 4:12 -- There is no other name of salvation, other than JESUS!
- John 3:3 -- Unless a man is born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Genesis 1:27 -- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. (We're all made in God's image. We all reflect the character and love of God in this world.)
- Acts 18:2-3, Acts 18-19, Acts 26, Romans 16:3-5, I Corinthians 16:19, 2 Timothy 4:19 -- Priscilla and Aquila -- This godly couple are always mentioned together in the New Testament. The two were both respected in the Bible, and they worked together as a team. They had church in their house.
- Mark 16:1-6 -- Jesus telling Mary Magdalene to GO and to tell the disciples that He had risen from the dead. (Yes, the 12 Disciples were all men. However, look at how this previously sinful woman was called by Jesus Himself to go and to proclaim His resurrection to these top spiritual leaders of all time!)
- Revelation 5:9 -- Every tribe and tongue and people and nation will be together before the throne of God. This includes men and women.
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 -- We are all ambassadors for Christ -- men and women, boys and girls. We're all called to share the Gospel.
We're not in competition against each other, we're all needed to work together to proclaim the Good News and the need for God's salvation.
God's mission is for your family to expand His family!
Missions is not just for missionaries; God's call is for all.